Friday, November 21, 2008

Week 12

The article on libraries and wikis was a good article. I like the idea and personally think it would be a good idea. The East Tennessee State library having a instructional program to walk students through their website is a excellent example of the benefits. The article also mention it's use in classroom instruction which makes things much easier for both student and instructor. The social tagging article was also brilliant,storing bookmarks in other places online is convenient. I believe libraries would benefit from this tremendously.Jimmy Wales is a very smart individual and very well organized. Wikipedia is currently one of the top online encyclopedias. I usually use wikipedia to obtain general information on a subject,then do my own research from there.

1 comment:

Megan1 said...

Jabari, I really ike the idea of using wikis in the classroom. I created a wiki for an organization I'm a part of and watched a tutorial on how it could be used for students. In many ways Blackboard is a wiki or works in similarways. I'm still curious how a wiki could be used for library instruction. I will have to look at ETSL.